VPN and Samba

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Fri Nov 3 09:36:50 MST 2006

All,

I have the VPN working now, seemingly correctly. I establish the connection
from network A to network B. From network A I can ping any computer in
network B, but network B cannot ping anything in network A.

The major problem is file sharing. I can see all the computers in network B
from network A, but when I try to connect to them it just times out. From
linux I get this:

[user at host ~]# smbclient -U% -L \\machine-name
Connection to machine-name failed

[user at host ~]# smbclient -U% -L \\192.168.1.16
protocol negotiation failed

Any ideas why? I shouldn't need to open any ports or anything should I?
We have two vpns setup, it all works under one vpn but not under the new one
we are trying to setup. We want to replace the original with a new one...

nathan

--
Nathan England
nathan at paysonlinux.org