Hardware Issue

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon May 8 08:06:23 MST 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 07:46:02AM -0700, Jim wrote:
> The messages, as they appear are:
>
> Managed PC Boot Agent (MBA) v3.20
> Supported NIC: 3Com 3C90XB / 3C90XC EtherLink PCI
> (C) Copyright 1998 Lanworks Technologies Co. a subsidiary of 3Com Corp
> All rights reserved.
>
> Versions:
> Loader: v2.30
> Bootware:v1.11
> Config: v1.12
> PXE: v1.10 (v0.99j)
> UNDI: v1.40
> PCI vendor device 10B7:9200
> Bootware type 109 (6Dh)
> Settings: 0001142A
> Capabilities:FFFFFFFF
> Defaults: 0001142
> EEPROM: FFFFFFFF
>
> Please reboot your system
>
> End of boot msgs
>
> For obvious reasons, I cannot do a dmsg.  At this point, my only option
> is to reboot, which results in the same msg screen appearing.  Talk
> abouut Catch 22.

That's nothing I've seen before. It looks like the "Managed PC" stuff
sees the NIC fine. I'd guess that it would add it to its config and it
should work after reboot. Apparently that's not happening. Is there any
opportunity to enter into a config section before the reboot message?
Anyone else out there familiar with this at all?

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |