raid 0 problems

Technomage technomage-hawke at cox.net
Sun Mar 26 21:44:30 MST 2006

On Sunday 26 March 2006 21:06, Nathan England wrote:
> I don't want to harass any one for using a raid-0. I remember the first
> raid I built was a mirrored raid-0... Later I found out the web site I had
> read about was wrong and it wasn't a mirrored array. I quickly fixed it.
> Sometimes you need lots of space, but can't afford to do it the right
> way...

same here (and this is, in fact, the situation).

the whole concept I think I am trying to get across here, is how to tell the
raid that it has been truncated by 193 MB. to lose an entire raid over 193 MB
is simply put: insanely ridiculous!

I have contacted the developer of mdadm on this (as that was the tool used to
create the raid-0 in the first place). hopefully, he'll have some ideas.

sorry if I hammered a few folks on here.

besides, there wasn't room in the laptop for 3 drives!