fsck error message

bmike101 at cox.net bmike101 at cox.net
Sun Mar 26 14:46:02 MST 2006

root at 0[root]# fdisk -l /dev/hda
]
Disk /dev/hda: 41.1 GB, 41110142976 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4998 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

   Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id
System
/dev/hda1               1         774     6217123+  83
Linux
/dev/hda3             775        2886    16964640   83
Linux
/dev/hda4            2887        4998    16964640   83
Linux
root at 0[root]# ]

//

Where are these rc scripts that you would look trough and
would I just look for a reference to hda2? It could only
be the rc scripts  if they are saved in somewhere other
than hda1 or 2 because I reinstalled the system meaning
that hda1 was formated and hda1&2 became hda1 (also
meaning that ayttm is broken again).

<plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
> Subject: Re: fsck error message
>
> It certainly sounds like something remembers the old
setup. On Mandriva,
> there is a line in an rc script that runs fsck with the
-A option, which gets
> partition information from fstab. I'm not sure what else
would point to that
> partition. A different distro might do this a different
way.

> What is the output of "fdisk -l /dev/hda" ?
>
> If it were my system, I would look through the rc
scripts to see where and
> what causes it to want to check that partition. Sorry I
don't have any other
> suggestions.
>

> --- bmike101 at cox.net wrote:
>
> > I figured I would type it out so you would know what
it
> > is:
> >
> > 	Checking filesystem
> > 	fsck 1.35-WIP <gives date>
> > 	fsck Invalid arguement while trying to open /dev
> > 	/hda2
> > 	/dev/hda2
> > 	The superblocsk <could be corrupt it it is a valid
> > 	filesystem> <run> e2fsck with alternate superblock
> > 	e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
> >
> > It seems to me that it is 'remembering' the setup when
MS
> > was hda1 and root was hda2. But I got rid of windows
and

PLUG-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
> > To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change  you mail
settings:
plug-discuss

PLUG-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us