/dev/hda2 not real but fsck thinks so

bmike101 at cox.net bmike101 at cox.net
Sun Mar 26 09:01:12 MST 2006

Here is a little story for you all:
I went to work today and my housemate turned on my
computer. Well, there was no work for me to do at work and
my housemate calls me up right before I find this out and
she says that as it was booting fsck stopped the proccess.
I get home and it says that /dev/hda2 is invalid. There is
no /dev/hda2 (only 1,3,and 4). I combined 1 and 2 and got
of my Windows partition. What makes this even more strange
is that I did this about a month ago; why is it
complaining now? What do I do?