NetworkManagerInfo problem

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 16 23:22:33 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 22:14 -0800, Josh Coffman wrote:

> --- Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 21:43 -0800, Josh Coffman
> > wrote:

> > <josh_coffman at yahoo.com>

> > drivers

> > error.

> > service.

> > me

> > configuration
> > related
> > >
> > > I really don't knwo what could be wrong with it.
> > One
> > > thing I read indicated I should make sure I have
> > > pam_console support otherwise the console="true"
> > > config entry fails. I don't know if FC4 has
> > > pam_console or what it is really.
> > >
> > > Also I may have a dbus of haldaemon problem. I'm
> > > hoping someone here has seen and solved this
> > before.
> > ----
> > audit2allow -d > /tmp/selinux-issues.txt
> >
> > anything?
> >
> > Craig
> >

> Nothing from that, but... I just disabled SELinux, set
> NetworkManager services to start on boot, and
> rebooted.
>
> Not only is NetworkManager now working, but my cd
> drive and usb auto-mount are also back.
>
> Funny. Thanks, this would have led me to it if I
> hadn't already guessed.
----
I think that audit2allow -d only outputs selinux audit messages from
'dmesg' so a reboot would clear the cache of audit messages which may
account for that.

Shutting off selinux is OK since I guess you are gonna wipe it all out
anyway and I gather there are some new tools in FC-5 but I have learned
to make peace with the beast that is selinux (at least as far as RHEL
4/CentOS 4 & FC-3 and FC-4) and it is possible to keep selinux running
and have a usable system. I certainly understand the temptation to just
shut it off because you don't understand it...I just refused to do that
and gradually am learning it.

Craig