resend - need email server recommendation

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Mar 1 02:38:17 MST 2006

Am 28. Feb, 2006 schwätzte Mike Garfias so:

> I don't have any personal experience with Exim having issues with sendmail
> compatibility.  I do have anecdotal evidence from a friend who was using exim.
>
> I have seen Qmail barf - but its been a few years.

DJB has chosen to ignore some parts of RFCs and likely compatibility due
to his thinking those items are incorrect behavior. He might actually be
correct in that assessment. Sometimes you need the incorrect behavoir.

If getting those compatibilities aren't available via a configuration
option or recompiling there is probably a 3rd party patch to provide it.

I still recommend Postfix for use as an MTA. If you're running something
too big for Postfix you should know way more than I do about sendmail and
hopefully have Eric Allman's cell number :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  "I have faith in debian-legal." -- Ted Gould