why the 'tude?

Elburn at aol.com Elburn at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 13:39:59 MST 2006

I'll take a shot.  3 years ago I had a heart attack and with  complications
was in hospital 2 months.  I had no time to  un-subscribe.  When I got back
on-line I had to subscribe all over  again.  Apparently I was automatically
un-subscribe.  While I don't  know why they wish to un-scribe, as long as it
doesn't become a burden to  accommodate a member I don't think you should be rude to
them.

Al Templeton

In a message dated 2/26/2006 1:15:21 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
craigwhite at azapple.com writes:

On Sun,  2006-02-26 at 13:00 -0700, Dan Lund wrote:
> I was thinking the same  thing.
>
> On 2/26/06, Alex Dean <alex at crackpot.org>  wrote:
> > On Feb 26, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Craig White wrote:
>  > This is a little unnecessary, don't you think?
>  >
----
I'm obviously cratchety - it's my nature.

I just don't  see the point of long time list users not being able to
retrieve their  passwords when the system provides an easy means to do
that. It seems to me  that sending a message to the entire list for some
sysadmin to un'sub them  is abusive of the users and the sys-admins when
all they had to do was to  follow the link at the bottom of each and
every message to get to the  'unsubscribe' page and if necessary, get
their password mailed to  them.

Had this been someone who was new to the list or new to lists  in
general, I wouldn't have commented.

Anyone else want a piece of  me?   ;-)

Craig

To subscribe,  unsubscribe, or to change  you mail  settings: