?: Cox vs QWEST

Victor Odhner vodhner at cox.net
Mon Feb 13 22:11:08 MST 2006

We have two dial tones with Cox, plus Internet.
Our TV signal comes from a roof antenna.  :-)

Cox has been announcing that they have jacked up
our speed.  I don't pay much attention to speed but
have downloaded a number of ISOs recently and
it certainly isn't too painful.  My DNS seemed to die
from time to time, but not recently and it's never
disabled me for long.

My wife does the bills.  Currently we have Cox
long distance but have switched around from time
to time -- always our decision, no slams, no errors.
Cox has always been pleasant for us to deal with.

And to cap it all, a few years ago when my cable
modem was zapped by lighning, Cox replaced it
for free!  Not shabby, since they don't collect any
rent for it.

Two of our kids have Cox's PVR at their homes
and are loving that service.

Our last taste of Quest was several years ago.
They tried to dun us $120 for a digital TV box
when we switched to Cox, claiming it was never
returned.  Fortunately the kid who was home
when Quest picked it up demanded a receipt,
and we still had that two months later when they
made their claim.

Vic