xine

Richard Wilson r.wilson9 at cox.net
Thu Feb 9 22:36:38 MST 2006

Bob,

I just got it working again, here's what I did:

After visiting the xine homesite, I wound up at freshrpms.net and
started downloading packages... my first attempt ran into dependancy
failures, so I added a freshrpms.repo file to my /etc/yum.repos.d
directory and imported their GPG key and then the following command
grabbed everything I needed (FWIW, I don't know that I needed all of
these, but didn't want to go through the add one at a time and test
deal...):

yum install xine xine-lib xine-skins libdvdcss libdvdnav libdvdplay
libdvdread

In addition it installed aalib, libXvMCW and libfame... (I really like
how yum handles dependencies!)

It's now playing "The Polar Express" and working like a champ.  (I
grabbed a recently purchased DVD to test...)

Hope this helps you out,  I don't recall which distro you're using, but
freshrpms supports a lot of different update methodologies.

Hope this helps,

Richard Wilson