No subject

Thu Dec 28 13:49:53 MST 2006

Saying I needed to verify my account.  It contained a link that took me to

http://203.199.124.235/bankofamerica.com/

Obviously this is fraudulent.  My first clue was I do not have a BofA account :)

So this form asks for account numbers, social security number, date of birth, mothers maiden name .... ETC.

This is the second time I have received this type of email.  Both times I have reported it to BofA.

So now I'm curious.  I would like to do a little detective work here.  I went to DNSStuff.com and did a reverse lookup and the IP shows it is in India City....

I know there must be a Linux command that I can run to learn more about this IP.  I'm wondering just how much information I might be able to learn from just having this limited amount of information and how I would go about it.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Smith