OT Subversion/CVS client auto update

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Dec 6 23:08:01 MST 2006

Am 06. Dec, 2006 schwätzte Rob Wultsch so:

> I am setting up subversion for my employer, and have a few questions.
> The dev server is running 2k Server with apache 1.3.34. We have
> successfully setup subversion on the server but a new requirement has
> popped up and I am not sure how to deal with it. We had planned to
> have htdocs be a checked out version version of trunk, but it has been
> requested that whenever a developer commits to trunk that the htdocs
> would automatically pull an update by itself.
>
> I have no idea how to perform this. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Let me know when you find out :).

I believe there's a log module that'll spit out messages when stuff checks
in, so you should at least be able to react to incoming email.

I wrote a wrapper for my config files and would now like to automagically
kick them off when the config files get changed.

I'm hoping I can also mark those files as read-only in the repository,
such that you have to intentionally open them up for writing before
changing them.

That's research for tomorrow.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators  https://LOPSA.org/
#  <allbery_b> wouldn't that be "shopping is hard, let's do math"?