OO.o classes

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Aug 25 11:38:34 MST 2006

Am 25. Aug, 2006 schwätzte Craig White so:

> On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 09:31 -0700, Craig White wrote:
>> On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 02:45 -0700, der.hans wrote:

>>> do we have anyone in town who can do a great job teaching OO.o classes?
>>>
>>> It needs to be someone who teach to those who don't know anything about
>>> office suites and their components and also teach to those very familiar
>>> with other office suite components.

>> formal fixed classes fell out of style many years ago in favor of
>> self-paced instructions that led people by the hand - much as evidenced
>> by your question (those who don't know anything and those who are very
>> familiar).

Out of style or not, we have at least one company ready to pay someone to
show up and give good training.

>> I taught the Sun spreadsheet to APS employees like back in 1989/1990 or
>> thereabout and it was something I don't think I would ever want to do
>> again.

Was it the topic or just doing training?

I used to teach a GNU/Linux sysadm class. I loved it. But, we all know I'm
not the one to be teaching GUI apps.

> this looks even better and comes with tutorial videos...
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0131879928

Videos which are not up to par for this situation.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
#  stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it. -- Linus Torvalds