How to start cups?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Thu Aug 24 23:46:24 MST 2006

.
Thanks for the offer re an older version of Knoppix,
but rather than that, I think I'll try to work this out
with the PCLinuxOS Live CD.  I've posted a note to their
website so let's see what that brings.  I'll explain my
objective to you when I pick you up on Saturday.

You wrote:
> How about my burning an ancient Knoppix that DOES work cups, a 3.4
> cdrom version? You are picking me up saturday anyway and no problem.
> I will verify it works here so it should print right IF your printer
> is cups capable. I wish live cd author's would make ... versions
> that don't have 300 mb of junk on them ...

Of course, whatever is "junk" and whatever is useful is in
the eye of the beholder.  But it surely does seem to me that
having the ability to print from a live CD, even if only to be
able to print plain text to a generic printer, should be there.

Joe