Wife's computer

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 09:13:32 MST 2006

The ubuntu on her computer seems to be limping, not sure, cannot 'get ahold of it'. I was wondering IF I put a distro (different one, she never quite liked ubuntu) of say PCLinuxOS on a second hd and hooked put it in the box, what kinda mess am I going to have to get it to:

1. Working and bootable

2. Able to copy files from Ubuntu to it.

3. Able to write new files to the ubuntu hard drive(orginal hd).

I am not one of the 'serious types' OS wise.

I went in the other day with a cdrom and it didn't recognize the cd, so cdrom is probably toast, but again, getting my hands on the system is probablimatic for that. I tried a usb and neither of us could find it even tho the blinky light blinked and looked like it was recognized by ubuntu, but nothing found in terminal w/df command..just showed the hd and ram.

No icon showed up for the usb stick either.

Oh, well.

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.