Any Sun people out there?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sat Aug 12 07:22:16 MST 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 11:16:06PM -0700, Kevin Brown wrote:
> >I've got a Sun Fire 420R and I can't get anything out of the serial
> >console. Nothing. I've checked the cable and it talks fine to my
> >ss20.
> >
> >Anyone with Sun knowledge have any ideas?
> >

> About Communicating With the Server

<snip>

> http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/pdf/806-1078-10.pdf

Thanks, Kevin. I've connected to other Sun boxen before. ;) I have a
Netra T1, a SparcStation 20, an Ultra 5, and they all work fine. I just
got my hands on this E420R, which was supposedly working.

I'm afraid I've got a bad component somewhere and it's choking before it
gets to OpenBoot. I'm just hoping there's some silly thing I'm not
thinking of. I'm much rather say "Doh!" right now than try to isolate
the problem blind.

FYI, I've tried both serial A and B, using 9600-8-N-1. I get nothing. No
garbabe chars. Just nothing.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |