Goodbye Arizona

Jay Jacobson jay at kinetic.org
Thu Sep 29 04:01:49 MST 2005

Greetings. I would like to take a moment to email some friends and share some
exciting news. To get straight to the point, I am leaving Arizona:

-------------
The time has come for me to move on. I gotta go. There, I said it. I have
been living in the Phoenix-metro area for almost ten years. During that
time, I have had great successes, tragic failures, and a multitude of
experiences in between. This story recounts my part in the invention of the
first portable MP3 player, starting and growing several companies, raising
the largest seed-round venture capital investment in the state's history,
building communities, and creating some pretty damn awesome technologies -
all right here, in the Phoenix, Arizona valley.

Rather than telling the same story a thoudand times over, I took a little
time to document my reasoning for leaving the Arizona technology world and to
take an inventory of my professional experiences over the past decade. The
above paragraph is an excerpt. If you are interested in reading the entire
open letter / story, you can find it at:

  http://www.kinetic.org/goodbye-arizona.txt

My sincerest best wishes to everyone! Until later,

--
~Jay