ubuntu & sudu

Mark Jarvis mark.jarvis at pvmail.maricopa.edu
Tue Sep 27 21:35:35 MST 2005

After seeing the many comments about ubuntu and having some free space
on one of my drives I decided to install ubuntu and have a look. I used
pre-existing swap & /home partitions. Having heard that ubuntu didn't
like root login or su -, I found and read some comments about ubuntu &
sudu on the ubuntu site. (I don't agree with their philosophy, but can
see why they did things that way and can live with it.)

My problem? I've tried both the 5.10 Breezy Badger Preview and 5.04
Hoary Hedgehog (love those names)--and on both, when I bring up a
terminal window and type sudu (anything), I get the message that sudu is
not found! "/sbin/sudu", man sudu, and "find / -name sudu" all failed to
find a trace of sudu!

What the !@#$%^ am I doing/not doing that sudu is in hiding?

-mj-