sudo moron

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Sep 9 12:16:35 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 12:05 -0700, Judd Pickell wrote:
> Maybe it is just me, but wouldn't bypassing the password for sudo be
> defeating the purpose of sudo?
>
> I would probably recommend running gtkpod as root, so that you are
> prompted before it starts then you don't have to enter it on exit...

-----
bypassing password for sudo makes sense when it is limited by which
commands can be run - obviously an administrator's call.

running gtkpod as root makes no sense whatsoever...you want it to run
with user privileges, save settings in users directory, mount as user
and unmount as user and it also interacts with gnome which obviously is
a user environment.

Thanks

Craig