On-screen fire?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Oct 23 20:36:47 MST 2005

Am 22. Oct, 2005 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

> I want a program that will run an animation of fire, you know, flames
> that will fill the entire computer screen.  Do you know of one?
>
> There is a screen saver called XFlame that simulates flames fairly well
> but it doesn't look like a real camp or fireplace fire.  The flames all
> come from the bottom of the screen, evenly and bloom and burn roughly
> the same.  Maybe adding an image of fire to burn with it would help but
> the row of flames along the bottom would still be there.
>
> Remember those videos of a fire you can buy for your VCR?  So you have a
> fire on your TV screen?  Something like that would be good but a simulation.

At least one of the *BSDs defaults to some fire thing for a console
screen saver, I'm told. Probably not the realistic looking log thing you
want, though.

Check www.openclipart.org.

You might be able to whip up something in the GIMP by taking a picture
of some logs and using fire effects. I'm certain it's possible to do
something really cool in Blender, but there's that learning curve thing.

Alternatively find a movie that has a closeup of a fireplace and set it on
loop :). »die Feuerzangenbowle« has such a scene, but it's hard to get in
this country and it's in black and white.

Borrow someone's video camera and film someone else's fireplace. It's a
community effort ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  It's up to the reader to make the book interesting.