Ubuntu Breezy Badger 5.10 upgrade reports

June Tate-Gans june at theonelab.com
Mon Oct 17 08:46:51 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 18:02 -0700, Kevin wrote:
> Have any Ubuntu users out there upgraded from 5.04 to 5.10 using
> `apt-get dist-upgrade`?
>
> As I understand it, changing all the references in /etc/apt/sources.list
> from hoary to breezy, then `apt-get update` and `apt-get dist-upgrade`
> should do it.
>
> Additional notes:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyUpgradeNotes
>
> Success stories?  Horror stories?
>
> ...Kevin

I've done it on my laptop and desktop with few problems. The biggest of
which was having to resolve oddball dependencies at the command line. I
would strongly suggest that you do this from a console if possible,
rather than through synaptic, since there is a massive X-Windows upgrade
that could cause X/GNOME to crash right in the middle of the upgrade.

Other than that, really, it was pretty smooth.

--
June Tate * june at theonelab.com * http://www.theonelab.com