wma help

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 07:54:53 MST 2005

--- Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Matt Mets <matt.mets at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Mplayer can redirect its output to a file, so
> there
> > is no need to use
> > an analog loopback to convert the file...
> > Basically, use mplayer
> > (hopefully compiled with wma support) to convert
> wma
> > to wav, then use
> > lame (or other mp3 encoder) to convert to mp3:
> >
> > The example input file is "Daniel Bedingfield -
> > Friday.wma"
> >
> > mplayer -vo null "Daniel Bedingfield - Friday.wma"
> > -ao pcm
> > lame -b 128 -h audiodump.wav -o "Daniel
> Bedingfield
> > - Friday.mp3"
> >
> > The script mentioned in the post above looks like
> it
> > does basically
> > the same thing, but in an automated fashon.
> >
> > Also, if you only want to make an audio cd, it
> would
> > probably be best
> > to forgo the wav to mp3 conversion, and make your
> cd
> > using the wav
> > files:
> >
> > mplayer -vo null "Daniel Bedingfield - Friday.wma"
> > -ao
> > pcm:file="Daniel Bedingfield - Friday.wav"
> >
> > Matt
> >

> I should have mentioned I had found that earlier and
> tried it. Didn't exactly work for me. but I might
> need
> a codec for WMA.

Got an audio cd burned. Stupid DRM stuff... I had to
play the file in Windows Media Player, which then
acquired the license and embedded the uniqueID license
into the WMA so media player would play it. I then
used Roxio to burn the audio cd.

Annoying. Hopefully I can either convert them now to
ogg or rip from the audio cd.