too many choices (distros)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Oct 5 15:42:57 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 15:00 -0700, Kenneth wrote:

> --- Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> >   This is not a complaint. I enjoy the choices; it's
> > kinda like being single again... just kidding.
> >
> >   I've been using Fedora for a while now. It just
> > leaves me a little unsatisfied in some areas
> > sometimes.
>
> I have heard a lot of complaints about the newer Fedora.  I had problems just
> installing it, which I've never seen with any other distro.  But I don't have
> enough experience with it to be able to say it isn't good...
----
FC-4 is gcc-4 (pre 4 I guess) and that has thrown things for a loop.
They've been sorting through the issues that this has caused but if you
think about it, this is clearly a no pain, no gain proposition and they
are in need of users who can report back and help with fixing things.

Craig

believed to be clean.