Treo 650

Bart Garst bartgarst at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 06:17:09 MST 2005

This thread reminded me of a similar problem I'm having with jpilot.

I recently upgraded my kernel to 2.6.8 from 2.6.7. With 2.6.7 I could sync
with no problems. After the upgrade, /dev/pilot is gone.

I reinstalled jpilot, figuring it should take care of setting up /dev/pilot,
and it did. At least until I rebooted and it disappeared again.

Here's where I think it might relate to what you guys are experiencing...

I found this post:
http://www.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot/2004-December/004576.html

These guys are saying my problem has to do with the kernel maintainer using
patches that were not thoroughly tested.

Have either of you guys been able to sync *any* pda with your current setup?

Just a thought,
Bart