OT: new car advice

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Mon Nov 21 13:39:32 MST 2005

In a message dated 11/21/2005 1:21:06 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
joe at actionline.com writes:

>Buy American or we're all going to end up in deep do-do.
>It starts with you and me.

Maybe people would buy American if they'd make cars people actually wanted to
buy.

-Small cars which didn't suck (poor interior space usage, relatively high
prices and indifferent fuel economy)

-Pricing schemes which didn't rely on mile-long lists of options, and "starts
at $16,203, as shown $49,099".

-Cars with either a decent reliability reputation (like Toyota and Honda) or
enough of a warranty behind them to allay fears of expensive repairs (like Kia
and Hyundai)

-A tendency to avoid leaving models behind design-wise.  I gather the 2005
Mustang is the first complete redo since 1979, for example, and when was the
last time they really worked on the Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis (admittedly a
special case due to its high fleet-sales popularity)