I paid $160.00.......

Hap Hap happeninghap at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:16:33 MST 2005

for a new Linspire box at Fry's yesterday. It seems to work pretty
well for the money invested. I didn't expect much and must admit it's
a slow machine. I was hoping that this box would solve a problem
reading SD memory in my 12 in one card reader. The reader works great
with CF memory in two different linux boxes, mepis and linspire.  My
flash jump drive works well too. Getting online was easy as pie, just
plugged in the cat 5 cable and clicked the browser button.  The first
boot was tedious because  you must accept and name and etc......
There's a pretty cool animated tutorial that auto starts for noobs. It
lasts almost an hour and has audio during the first 10 minutes.  The
tutorial is flash driven and moves slow for my taste.  Several
reminders that CNR(click n run) is available and offers free software.
I visited that and found minimal free software. A $20. or $50.
subscription will get you lots of software.  For the $160. I got one
box, ps2 keyboard,  ps2 three button wheel mouse, cheap speakers,
power cord,  and a short phone cord all in black. Inside you get AMD
sempron 2400+, 128 ddr333, 40gig, modem card on cnr slot,  floppy,
52xCD rom, on the mobo is sound, 2-ps2 ports,10/100, 4-usb 2.0,
parallel, serial, video, agp expansion slot, 3 open pci slots. It also
came with 2 cd's, recovery with install or run from disk, and a mobo
CD.  A users  guide for the motherboard has no manufacture name with
model number 741GX-M2 only on the cover.   I'm hoping that more memory
will speed this thing up.
                                 hap
--
Hap McDaniel