no sound

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:17:44 MST 2005

I have a feeling the i801 chipset support would help you.

I'm running the ICH6 at work and the ICH* support is done by I believe
the i801 chipset support.
When compiling the kernel, it details it.  I'm running 2.6.12.5 and
it's under "Device Drivers" -> "Sound" somewhere.
I'm obviously not at work now :)
HTH

BTW, if your not getting anything with a cat /proc/pci, the (legacy)
proc filesystem support is not compiled into the kernel.  At any rate,
lspci is all you really need.

--Dan

--
To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so
many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled -