open source security courseware?

Richard Wilson r.wilson9 at cox.net
Tue Jul 26 21:52:12 MST 2005

Jeremy,

Have you checked out the free documents available from SANS at
www.sans.org?  I have some of their material and it's been both
excellent and useful.

The single best Linux security resource IMHO, is the book
Real World Linux Security Intrusion Prevention, Detection, and Recovery
by Bob Toxen, published by Prentice Hall PTR.  There's a 2nd edition of
this book out, but my first edition is so marked up with notes that I'll
never let it go.  It is, of course, copyrighted, but Bob's web site at
www.cavu.com does have some good free stuff and a bunch of links to
other beneficial Linux security web sites.

Hope this helps

Richard Wilson
Senior Consultant
EDS Messaging Services