Expiring domain and config files

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Dec 28 15:28:45 MST 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Miles Beck wrote:

> I have a sever that has an associated domain name that I am not going
> to renew. I will access the server via the ip address and was
> wondering if there is any configuration changes I need to make once
> the domain name expires.

It depends on the services you are using.

Look at /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname, and more.

> I'm running Debian.

Have a look at your exim configs to see if they have any reference to your
domain name.

Maybe use "grep -r" to search for your domain name in your /etc directory.

Also be sure to have a hostname that works for reverse lookups, so you
don't have lookup delays.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/