Switching Console Mode

Victor Odhner vodhner at cox.net
Sun Dec 25 22:53:23 MST 2005

Bart Garst wrote:

 >  # resizecons -lines (numberoflines)

Thanks, Bart, and all who had suggestions.  After startup is completed,
I can "su" and use "resizecons" to fix the console size, and it seems to
work for a while; it does switch back to 132 x 30 occasionally, but
once I put the box back in our server room I won't care.  Still I'd like
to hunt down and fix whatever is messing with the size though.

My CentOs 4.0 at home keeps its console font size just fine through a
full startup, while 4.3 at work has the gremlin that insists on switching
me back to 132 x 30.  So they may have broken something recently.

Vic