local pc deals

stu wien33 at cox.net
Sun Dec 25 02:09:46 MST 2005

If I might add a point or two. I've been shopping around online, and here's my
input:
	-Socket A chips are getting rare, and cost about as much as the newer
Socket 754 chips. NewEgg has a Sempron 64 2600+ (retail)  going for $64.00.
They also have a MSI 754 Barebones case with MB for $80.00. Add 512M of DDR
400 RAM for $33.00. Plus shipping, the whole thing is still under $200.00. I
know the 754 looks like an orphan from the start, but they are the best deals
out there right now, and ought to last you a few years at least. Shop around!
	-Fry's has (or had) a Kaiser ATI 9250 4X/8X 128M Video board on sale for
$39.95. It actually claims Linux compatibility on the box! I bought two of
them, and they work great on my old Socket A boxes running MEPIS and Debian.
	-All that, plus your old drives from your current box should put you a little
higher on the CPU food chain.
	Merry X-mas to all!
		Stu