local pc deals

Jeff Garland jeff at crystalclearsoftware.com
Thu Dec 22 16:42:05 MST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:44:41 -0700, Jason Hayes wrote

> True, but he only described the PC as "pretty old". That's a relative
> term. A socket 7 PC would be ancient - almost museum quality stuff IMHO.
> So pretty old could mean an early P4? Either way, there are some old
> soldiers sitting around in almost everyone's closet that have a
> socket A or a slot 1 CPU. Digging one of those out would still be a
> possibility.

Wow, why would people have these good old processors in the closet?  I still
have a K6-2/450 and an AthlonXP 1700+ in running machines here.  The kids play
games and surf the net on the K6-2/450 -- it's not fast, but really, the
neopets website isn't improved by a faster processor.  Of course my intel 486
dx2 is in the closet -- waiting for an optimal moment to go on Ebay ;-)

BTW, if you have old computer equipment that is gathering dust in a closet
please consider donating to azstrut: http://www.azstrut.org/

And now back to our off-topic thread....

Jeff