Using Konqueror for FTP (was Re: GNOME vs. KDE)

Siri Amrit Kaur tigerflag at tigerflag.com
Wed Dec 14 12:14:17 MST 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 11:48 am Jason Hayes kindly wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 11:22 -0700, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:
> > Is it possible to use Konqueror to upload new files to my website
> > via FTP? My host doesn't use WebDAV.
> >
> > Siri Amrit
>
> If I am reading your question properly, all you have to do is type
> in the ftp address of the site you want to access.
>
> For example, I access one of my web sites (using Konqueror for ftp)
> by typing in "ftp.jasonhayes.org". Then I fill in my username and
> password in the popup window that comes up and I am into an ftp
> session. You can then drag and drop files as you would in a local
> konqueror window.
>
> HTH.
>
> Jason Hayes

Thanks, Jason. This sounds like just what I need, but it doesn't work
for me. I get a message that I can't connect to host tigerflag.com.

I type in ftp.tigerflag.com and it becomes ftp://ftp.tigerflag.com.
That doesn't work so I changed it to ftp://tigerflag.com, and that
doesn't work either.

With ncftp I had to provide my password before it would make the
connection. I wonder if that's the problem?

Siri Amrit
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC
www.tigerflag.com