FC5

Jonathan Claxton jzc at globalcrossing.net
Wed Dec 7 12:24:49 MST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Micah DesJardins wrote:

> On 12/7/05, Josh Coffman <josh_coffman at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I've been holding off running FC5 until Test 2 or 3.
> > But if it looks pretty solid, I might get it earlier.
> > I don't have room on my laptop for a another OS so it
> > would have to be stable enough to replace FC4.
>
> FC 5 Test 1 is slick! But I'm still not sure I'd recommend it for
> daily use.  It seems to boot REALLY fast and I haven't had any issues
> with packages yet, but with all the "Test" releases, the OS is
> non-upgradable.  You will need to wipe when you install Test 2 and 3
> and then again for Final Release.

I also got it running on my new laptop, Gateway MX-7515, it finds all the
hardware except for the ethernet interface which I had to get the source
and compile a module. And I echo Micah's comment about it being fast to
boot too... of course this lappy has the Mobile AMD 64 4000 proocessor and
a gig of memory makes it FLY!!!! :)