DBD::Pg and RHEL AS release 4

June Tate june at theonelab.com
Mon Aug 22 10:42:49 MST 2005

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 10:39:14AM -0700, Kevin Brown wrote:
> June Tate wrote:
> >Hey folks,
> >
> >Got a good question for those of you who know RHEL AS: is DBD::Pg
> >officially supported in RHEL (ie: on the CD)? I've been doing Google
> >searches for over 30 minutes now trying to find out, but I usually end
> >up with useless results.
> >
> >Any help is appreciated. =o)
>
> perl -MCPAN -e shell;
> install DBD::Pg

As nice as that is (and as easy as it is to use that at a smaller
corporate level), I can't do that here. We need something that is
precompiled as an RPM and officially supported in the RHEL
distribution -- corporate policy forces us to do this.

On my own boxes, I wouldn't have even asked this question, but being a
large, multinational corporation tied up in red bueracratic tape, it
would fly about as well as a bowling ball. =op

June Tate * http://www.theonelab.com * june at theonelab.com