postnuke vs. php-nuke

Gordon baohx2000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 13:02:56 MST 2005

I can't speak for the group (the plug site will be moving to another cms
soon from what I've heard), but I use postnuke for most of my sites
because it has a relatively good api and it's actively developed by more
than one person (which was a main reson for the split in the first
place).  I'm not going to start a war on which is better, because
everything has pros and cons, but IMO, it's a lot easier to create
modules for postnuke once you know the api functions.  The latest
versions of postnuke also utilizes the smarty templating system for both
themes and modules.

The lazy programmer will probably go for phpnuke because there are less
hoops to jump through to create a module (but I don't think they have a
template/cache system yet).

Postnuke .760 will probably be released within the next month (I hope).

If you have specific questions about postnuke, feel free to ask me off-list.

   Gordon