(Fwd) [IP] MS Windows Crash Traps Thai Politician in Car

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 26 May 2003 06:18:57 -0700

I do not mean this to turn into the age old war about how worthless
certifications are.  I would be interested, however, in seeing how you
all think we can weed out the morons.

Moron: A consultant from a Top 5 consulting firm modifies a web
application for the client and uses invalid HTML.  When brought to his
attention (after the delivery date, of course), he asks what's wrong
with it?  I guess he never read HTML for Dummies, much less the RFC's.

Moron: Same Top 5 consulting firm, different consultant: When modifying
the Java code, he compares string values using an "=3D" instead of the
equals.string method, resulting in a ton of errors.

Moron: Enterprise Java Architect didn't know what a getter nor a setter
was.  This genius must have slept through Java 101.

George
-- =

Discover . . .         | Free Computer Security Information
        <=B7=B7=B7> Secure   | http://www.georgetoft.com/security
         Networking    | =

@http://georgetoft.com | Lock your box - keep your affairs private!