802.11b pcmcia cards

David Huerta plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 6 May 2003 17:10:57 -0700

Belkin's Wi-Fi cards work nicely with Linux, namely the F5D6020.
However, it has no external antenna jack, unlike the Orinoco or desktop
Cisco cards, which can come in handy for site surveys on a wireless
network, among *other* things.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of Austin
Godber
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 8:03 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: 802.11b pcmcia cards

I would go for the Orinoco ... I have inherent fear of Belkin (this
extends beyond previous mentioned experience with Belkin USB Wireless
(not a good experience)).

The orinoco can be used with the Windows netstubmler ... but if you want

to use hostAP mode you need a Prism card (at least thats the way it used

to be).

Austin

Rob Wultsch wrote:
> What is easier to deal with: Orinoco or Belkin?
>
> I right now have a dlink dwl-650 (which would be fine except that
dlink
> changed the chipset on this hardware revision) that does not work in
linux.

> Foremost in my mind is autoconfiging in knoppix...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3021804493&category=2
0321