CDR and RedCrap 8

Bart Garst plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:32:07 -0700

Mine works. The install automatically configured it.

I'm only speaking for myself, but what makes you think someone who
uses/likes RedHat would want to help you when you start your request for
help by slamming my system of choice?

Lighten up.

Bart

Has anyone had to deal with the hell of trying to get a CDR working on
RH8? Any pointers to a suitable method of suicide? It continuously
undoes everything I do, bypasses my symlinks and creates new driver
references, undos my fstab entries and all in all craps on me. I'm using
a stock install and as a second CDrom drive I put in a CR-4804TE - and
I'm beginning to feel like I'm working on a Microshaft box. Since when
did Redscrew think it knew what I wanted?

The idea of having to reinstall Redscrew all over again is making me
rethink Linux...

Peeved,
Mike