X11 hell

Alexander Henry plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:21:52 -0700

Rob Wultsch wrote:

> None of the suggest solutions have been succesful.
> ctrl + alt + F2 = what appears to be a console (there is less
> jibberish)... but not running at the same frequency as my monitor
> linux 3 (or Linux 3) with lilo = x starts up anyways
>
> It is about time for the windows solution... (where the hell is my Woody
> disc 1?)

That's an okay plan Rob.  Reformat and get Debian running with no packages
from tasksel.  Then install X through tasksel, and make sure you answer NO
to the question about direct video buffering through X.  Everything should
work perfectly.

Again, my sympathies.  I did exactly the same thing as you.

--Alexander