Dennis Kibbe

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:27:05 -0500

Oh yea, I forgot to say not to worry about wasting my time=2E I have more th=
an enough of that (I am now officialy approved for SSDI)=2E Believe me, if y=
ou can work with me I have the time=2E=2E=2E=2E=2E except for today after 11=
:00 to about 3:00=2E=20
:-)Mike(-:
----- Original Message -----
From: Dennis Kibbe
Sent: 3/25/2003 9:50:55 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists=2Eplug=2Ephoenix=2Eaz=2Eus
Subject: Re: Dennis Kibbe

Quoting Michael Havens <bmike1@vei=2Enet>:

> Thanks for burning Mandrake 9=2E0 for me=2E Everything loaded perfectly (I=
 did
> not get any messages telling me that it had difficulties)=2E Unfortunately=
 when
> I got 9=2E0 originaly the person who set it up (who shall remain unnamed) =
must
> have set a link or something=2E Would it be possible to bring my computer =
> your place way down in scottsdale to set 9=2E0 up and trouble shoot! Any c=
hance
> we could do that? I do not have i-net accessibility right now so give me a=

> call=2E 480-844-1511
> :-)Mike(-:

Mike,

Before I waste your time (because there is no guarantee I can fix anything)
let's do some troubleshooting first=2E

1=2E Is this the same modem you had working before under Mandrake?

2=2E How did you get it working before? Did it "just work?" Or did you downl=
oad a
driver for it?

3=2E Is the computer home-built or name brand? If name brand, have you searc=
hed
http://www=2Egoogle=2Ecom/linux to see what others have done?

4=2E I assume it's an internal PCI modem=2E Do you know the make and model? =
And if
you do have that info, what have you found by googling or search the Mandrake=

forums?

5=2E Can you post the output of "lspci -vv" ? I'm guessing if it is a real m=
odem
it will show up as such on the PCI bus=2E

The answer to these questions will tell us what to do next=2E

Dennis