tcpwrappers & shell execution

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:02:29 -0500

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 03:09:02PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
/_
/_Look at the "spawn" and/or "twist" functions in your hosts_access(5) and
/_host_options(5) manuals.

Thanks... that was it. I do recall seeing that in the man page...
not sure why I didn't apply it.

/_
/_(Hopefully, you don't cause a local denial of service attack.)
/_

So far so good. Reminds me of a "favor" I was going to do my boss
years ago. He was leaving for Taiwan, and I thought I would set
up a procmail filter to weed out the large messages (>10Mb)......
I single-handedly took down the mail server as my nifty
procmail recipie filled up the HD :-)

-Mike