Sed and Bash; unterminated 's' command

Liberty Young plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
19 Mar 2003 08:25:21 -0700

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 08:25, Greg wrote:
> It  has been a while since I have used sed but i think that pipes
> supposed to be '/' (slashes)
> another thing is to use single quotes in bash if you using string literally.

You can use anything other than /
Sed will use whatever character follows the s

My example doesn't fully illustrate my command. Really, what i wanted to
do is to
sedrules="s/^source[[:blank:]]\"/source \"$NEWROOT\//;p"

Basically, change "arch/i386/Kconfig" to "kernel-tree/arch/i386/Kconfig"

I used | to it is a bit more easier to read.
I want to be able to leave NEWROOT as a variable so the script is a bit
more extensible, but bash and sed won't have it

:)