Troubles in Boot City

Mark Phillips plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:04:53 -0700

I installed Mandrake 8.2 on my win2k machine and everything works except a
small glitch in booting......

I used PartitionMagic to repartition my hard drive, and found some warnings
in the documentation about difficulties in setting up dual boot options
with win2k and Linux using the MBR. So, I installed BootMagic (the
recommended approach) and set it up as the dual boot front end. Mandrake
installed without a problem, and per the instructions with BootMagic, I put
the boot loader for Linux  at the start of the Linux partition, not in the
MBR. BootMagic gives me the option of Windows or Linux, but when I select
Linux I get Mandrake's boot options for Linux or Windows. The Mandrake
Linux option works as well as the Windows option. However, it would be more
convenient to have just one boot loader instead of two. How do I remove the
Mandrake boot loader so I can just use the BootMagic boot loader?

Thanks!

Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc.
mark@phillipsmarketing.biz
480 945-0798
480 945-9197 fax

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message,
however, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.