Worth while bash hack (makes history even more valuable)

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:30:09 -0700 (MST)

Am 12. Mar, 2003 schw=E4tzte Kevin Brown so:

> Since RH is good for newbies to cut their teeth on and rm -i is only an
> alias when running as root, I think it is a good idea.  I can do rm as a
> normal user and it doesn't ask, but do it as root and the system makes
> sure that is what I want to do.  If you want it to stop asking, just rm -=
> as root.

Even then, I'd rather see them, for interactive shells, alias rm to the
empty string or a script that says "use rmi" than have them alias rm to "rm
-i".

By using "rm -f" I also get files that are write-protected, so it's not the
same command and the change has again hosed behavior. There's a reason for
the -f flag and it's not because someone had a prediction that Red Hat woul=
come around 20 years later and screw up rm ;-).

Ah well, only takes one boot to fix the problem for me :).

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  "Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but
#  that is not the reason we are doing it." -- Richard Feynman