SCO

Jim plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
12 Mar 2003 18:01:55 -0700

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 19:26, Alan Dayley wrote:
> This provides the answers you seek:
>=20
> Brief of Amicus Curiae in SCO vs. IBM (draft)
> http://www.opensource.org/sco-vs-ibm.html
>=20
> Eric Raymond is the principal author of this brief.  It covers it all and=
 concentrates on the parts of SCO's suit that could apply to Linux.  Lots o=
f history documented there and good debunking of SCO's claims.
>=20
> Long but worth it if you care about this issue.
>=20

Well worth the read...lots of history and facts that most ewcomers to
*NIX were not aware of.  Aso some interesting references to the
invention of a better way to write effective code (a.k.a. free/open
source software).

Ya gotta respect ESR's thoughts, historical perspective, and support,
but I have a feeling that his wife (a lawyer, I believe) had a lot of
input on this).