RH 7.3 install hell

Frank Mandato plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
05 Mar 2003 19:05:55 -0700

Mike,

  When RH came put with 7.0, I went and ordered a boxed set from RH.
Over the last year or so, I have upgraded to 7.3 and it is running
without any major problems.

  I upgrade the kernels and security updates that apply to my system as
they become available.

  I use this system as a router for my other pc's that my wife and kids
use, windows unfortunately, but that's how it goes I guess.

  There is also Apache running as well as MySql so that I can learn some
internet stuff.

  BTW, I am not a Sysadmin, though I took some College courses in unix,
perl and a few other related topics.

  I don't know what exactly turned you off to RH while installing 7.3,
but I have also tried Caldera in the distant past and my personal
preference is RH. I find it easy to use and to maintain. I am sure there
are other and better systems out there, but with my limited knowledge of
Linux, RH is best for me for the time being.

  FrankM