George Returns From Exile

Tue, 4 Mar 2003 23:04:47 -0700 (MST)

Am 05. Mar, 2003 schw=E4tzte George Toft so:

> Since I was quite the newbie when I was hacked, I've always believed in
> introducing security early on.  Maybe we can schedule a couple security
> classes which will provide a solid foundation for securing Linux boxes?

I think two or three different security classes for different levels would
be awesome.

For example, port-scanning your box and knowing how to turn off services
could be in the intro class. Mucking with and monitoring netfilter rulesets
could be advanced.

I do want the desktop class to cover security, but from an application
perspective, e.g. GnuPG, SSH, and SSL.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans