How do I get a file ex: /var/log/messages to continualy be printed to a regular terminal?

BoBB plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 01:16:48 -0700

tail -f /var/log/messages

You can run a terminal with the -e switch to execute a command and bind
it to that terminal, when you quit tail the term should close too. At
least thats how it behaves with eterm. Theres a program called colortail
that you can use to color your logs. Its pretty cool :) You can get it
here ... http://www.student.hk-r.se/~pt98jan/colortail.html