Fw: Attack of the Killer RIAA FUD App (Was Re: know people in .ut.us?)

Alexander Henry plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:46:50 -0700

Kevin Brown wrote:

> I've never heard of the cops giving tickets to the rare driver doing
> the speed limit.  I have, however, heard of them pulling people over
> and giving them a warning for being an obstruction to the flow of
> traffic.
>
> The problem with automated ticket systems is the lack of proof that
> who you are sending the ticket to is actually the person who was
> driving.  That is why those photo radar vans have yet to be
> profitable.  All you have to prove is that it wasn't you driving when
> the picture was taken, you don't have to help them find the one who was.

Just some info to hopefully encourage you to buy an opaque licence plate
cover:

Traffic cameras have nothing to do with safety or leveraging police
resources, and everything to do with making some grifter money.  The
traffic cameras' primary income is on commissions on tickets they write,
which gives the company incentive to push for laws or policy that
increase the chance of you getting a ticket.  They have in the past
pushed for shorter yellow lights.  Lots of cops say that cameras snap
pictures of people they would have never pulled over.  They also expend
police resources to set up the cameras and do extra paperwork.  So we
have less police on the streets, more unjust tickets being written, and
courts that are tied up even further.

One I know about is the Loover.  I don't want to link it here, but it
was number 2 on Google for "loover".  Anyone else have a good cover?
I've seen some polarized crystal ones as well, I don't know the name.
If no one has seen a switchable LCD cover, that might be a potential
invention to exploit and start a company. :)

--Alexander